Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
Just the right amount of strawberry and lemon will add a special touch to your traditional vanilla cupcakes.
- 1 pack White Wings Vanilla Cupcake mix
- 2 (59g) eggs
- 125ml milk
- 60g margarine spread or fresh butter
- 1 fresh lemon - finely grated zest
- 80g (4 tbsp) margarine spread or soft butter
- 10ml (2 tsp) milk
- 60ml (3 Tbsp) strawberry conserve/jam
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To decorate: strawberry conserve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160ºC fan-forced. Line a 12 x ⅓ cup capacity standard muffin tray with patty cases.
- Place the cupcake mix, eggs, milk, soft butter or margarine and finely grated lemon zest into a small mixing bowl. Using electric mixer beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Spoon cupcake mixture into prepared muffin tray (approx. ½ to ¾ fill).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes* or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand 5 minutes in muffin tray before placing cupcake onto a wire rack to cool. *Time may vary depending on oven.
- Place frosting mix, soft butter or margarine and milk in a small mixing bowl. Using electric mixer beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add lemon juice and strawberry conserve/jam to the frosting and beat for a further 30 seconds on high just to combine.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes, creating a small well in the centre of each and then decorate by spooning ½ tsp of jam into the wells.