These cute Puppy Cupcakes were inspired by a wish from Grace (9, cerebral palsy diplegia). We’re committed to support Make-A-Wish® Australia, and with more than 800 kids currently on a Wish Journey, every dollar raised helps create more wishes.
- 200g butter, diced
- 1 cup CSR Brown Sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup White Wings self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- 1x 230g OREO Mini Cookies
- 1 packet CADBURY Baking chips of your choice
- 1 packet PASCALL Marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C fan-forced. Line 12 standard muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine butter, CSR sugar and chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into chocolate mixture one at a time, followed by vanilla, until smooth. Fold in White Wings flour and cocoa. Spoon batter between prepared paper cases. Bake for 25 mins until just cooked. Cool in pan for 5 mins before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix and water, mixing well. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe or spread the icing onto the cupcake to create the puppy’s fur.
- Use Mini OREO cookies to create the ears and nose.
- Use PASCALL marshmallows to create the eyes and tongue.
HACK: If you’re short on time just use the White Wings Chocolate Cupcake Mix and follow packet instructions. Top with decorations.